26) The manager makes you empty your pockets, looking for aforementioned hoarded teaspoons. (Good evening, I’m Typhoid Mary and I’ll be your waitress tonight.) 32) If you lose a credit card slip the owner takes the check amount out of your compensation until the credit card company transmits the funds into his account. (Common) 35) Busboys take uneaten bread out of table’s breadbasket and use it for a new table.
27) There’s never any soap or hand sanitizer around. 29) The manager is constantly calling you to work extra shifts and threatening you with dismissal if you don’t “help out.” 30) You show up for work to find the manager cut you from the floor. 36) You’re working a double and the manager laughs when you ask to take a break.
The statement read: 'We are deeply disappointed and outraged by the situation that took place at our independently-owned franchise restaurant in Federal Way, Washington.
Denny's has zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind.
49) Waiters surreptitiously drink themselves sober while working Sunday Brunch.
Pellham said that the four young men waited about 10 minutes to be seated despite only two other tables in the restaurant being occupied.'The server comes out..walks over to the young men's table with their order slips,' Pellham wrote.
'She then asks for them to pay before the cook will prepare their food.' Palmer Pellham (right) said he and his wife, Esther (left), were eating at a Denny's in Federal Way, Washington, when a waitress and a manager asked a group of American-American men to pay for their food in advance Pellham said the waitress told the group that several people had ordered food and then left without paying so her manager had told her to ask diners to pay first.
14) The manager solicits bribes for good sections or Saturday night shifts.
15) Owner, GM, or chef screams at employees ALL THE TIME.